Mainstream Data is seeking talented Software Engineers to help develop next-generation technologies for multimedia customers. Mainstream Data creates websites for the management and sales of images, video, and other multimedia content.
• 2 – 5 years web development experience including
• Cross-browser development.
• Working knowledge of UI frameworks and template engines.
• Experience writing, optimizing, and diagnosing queries using MySQL database systems.
• BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or Physics from accredited university. (5 years work experience in lieu of degree.)
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and work habits.
• Interest in the digital asset management and publishing industry.
• Ability to work in a geographically dispersed group
• Design, develop, and integrate new features and functionality into an existing web software system.
• Work with the sales and marketing teams to identify new features and functionality for the core platform.
• Develop customer-specific features and functionality based on customer requirements.
• Collaborate with small group of team members on overall business direction and strategy.
• Research new technologies for possible integration into core platform.
• Design UI forms from an end-user perspective for web and mobile sites
• Other responsibilities as assigned
Helpful Skills (in order of importance):
• Java, J2EE, MySql, Eclipse, JSP, Product Development
• Spring, Hibernate
• Liferay, Struts 2, AJAX, and web services
• HTML 5 UI design and JQuery
• Objective C, Android, or other mobile development
Please email Richard Buckler [email protected] to apply for this position – closing date Wednesday 19 February